An artist and art educator willing to share my ideas with everyone who enjoys creating.
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Button Inspiration
I found some ideas using buttons as decorations on tea towels and framed embroidery and it gave me the inspiration to create some new cards. They are fun and easy to make and I like the whimsy of the buttons in the design! I love the Wizard of Oz so The Somewhere over the rainbow ones were so much fun to make! My son is graduating this year so I made 15 of these - I hope all the graduates Dare to Dream and their Dreams really do come True!
I traced a round glass that was the right size for the front of the card and used it as a guide to attaching the buttons. I already had lots of buttons since they seemed like a good craft resource.
For the fruit cards you can make any kind of fruit - oranges, lemons, limes, apples, even a bunch of grapes! A great thank you card for someone special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spooky Halloween Egg Carton Relief Portraits
A fun twist on the Animal Egg Carton Project I posted. I used Egg Cartons Black, Green, Pink and Purple Cardstock Halloween Colored Cardst...
-
I'm going to have my students learn about art from other cultures and I've always loved the Aboriginal Dot Paintings from Austr...
-
I would love to see the Aurora Borealis someday, but for now I'll settle for teaching it! I think the kids will really enjoy the ...
-
This is a great project that students can succeed in drawing all by themselves because it's quite easy and very forgiving. They'l...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.